zaterdag 12 oktober 2013

House of illustrator Caroline Ellerbeck.


An illustrator and publisher of ‘Kleursprookjes’ (Colour Fairy Tales) Caroline Ellerbeck lives with Gilles and her three children Luuk (9), Fien (5), Flores (2) on a ground floor apartment (from the nineteen twenties) in Rotterdam West. 




Do you use your designs in your own home?
My personal artwork can be found throughout our home. It is separate from my illustration work. I enjoy painting a lot but I wouldn’t say that it’s my profession.
Gilles and I do our work independently of each other, but the publishing we do jointly. I illustrate and design the ‘Kleursprookjes’ but the strategy and marketing we do together.
What would you take with from your house if you would only be allowed to take 1 thing?
I would prefer to take everything. I can’t choose just one thing.
Was there ever a moment while growing up where you thought: yes, I am going to be a designer?  
Drawing I’ve always found the most fun activity. I used to make drawings of figures all day long and I also created my own little books and stories at a very young age.  Already in primary school I knew I wanted to study art. At the art academy, I studied Graphic Design. I enjoyed the variety in subjects.







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Taverne Charley.